Our Union Makes Our Workplace Better – Alma Lee
Taking care of those who take care of our nations veterans by obtaining power through organizing, representation and political action.
The National VA Council promotes the unity of all VA and VBA locals in AFGE, support Locals when requested utilizing VACO contracts in the enforcement of the National Agreement; provide cost-effective delivery of needed services at the National level, to develop and maximize the use of new technology, laws and regulations, precedent setting decisions and all other criteria in order to meet our responsibility that AFGE National Office mandates to act as the primary representative of all VA employees.
- Ensure that Justice, Equality, Dignity and Fairness are the cornerstones of our organization
- Promote Quality Care and Service for veterans
- Ensure a Safe and Healthy Workplace
- Empower and Protect Democratic decision making
- Value and Respect Diversity and Inclusion
- Demonstrate Integrity and Trustworthiness
- Promote Solidarity
- Organizing: By maintaining and increasing our membership.
- Legislative / Political Action- Build a grassroots movement of members and allies to support politicians and advocate policies friendly to NVAC, AFGE and working families.
- Representation- Effectively grieve, arbitrate, litigate, bargain, lobby and organize through well trained and knowledgeable officers, stewards and staff.
- Training and Education- Effectively educate and train union leaders and members on issues that affect their employment.
- Communication / PR- Provide useful and timely information to educate the public and our Bargaining Unit Members that will allow us to move our agenda foward by creating a positive attitude about federal employees and what they do.
I would also like to encourage you to visit our website often. We are continuously adding information that I believe you will find useful.
Should you have any questions and or concerns, please contact the NVAC directly at (540) 345-6301